Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I was richer before I had a job

If you don't want to read my rant, simply don't. I didn't write it to tickle your funny bone or butter your bread. If you don't like what I have to say, don't listen. Defriend me on facebook, delete my number... whatever. I dont really care... This is what I have to say and its MY blog. I dont need people telling me that they don't like it. Please do not comment on my spelling and punctuation, as I am writing this in a pissed of state and dont give two poos.

P.S.- Love you guys :) well, most of you.

So, I have TriCare Prime through the Army and have found that they pay for anything and everything I medically need, as long as they have sent me for what I am having done... Well, that was a pretty sweet deal, right? HAHA NOPEEEEE! Of course not. Things ALWAYS have to be difficult or else it wouldnt be my life.

In Septemper of this year, I began working for the State of Alaska. With my new position came additional health insurance that I was confident I would never use. Several months after beginning my job, I found out that my state insurance was in fact my primary insurance and TriCare was now secondary. Who cares? I have 2 insurers and either way you look at it, I dont have to pay my outlandish medical bills that I somehow always seem to accumulate.

So on with all of my extensive doctors appointments, health studies, lab testing and medications.

Welppppp, I started getting bills in the mail 2 days ago. In two days, I owe over 40,000 dollars in medical expenses... huh? but I have insurance. TWO insurenceS! Did you see the "s"? I have a plural amount of health insurance. OK, I am in NO way a health insurance expert, but with my old Blue Cross insurance, I had co-pays of like 10 bucks and deductables of maybe 500 a year, but with my new insurance (my math may be off) my co-pays are averaging 5,000 a pop.

So I called Wells Fargo to find out exactly WTF was going on. They explained that I had a lapse in insurance from september 30 to October 10. Anything after October 10 is now considered a pre existing condition. BAHAHHA are you JOKING?! Not only am I now in debt an ENTIRE YEARS SALARY but I do not recall EVER being fired or quitting.... SOOOOOO why was there a lapse?!

Wells Fargo told me to call human resources who told me to call Wells Fargo. In the mean time, I would not owe ANY money if I wasnt working because my Army insurance would have just paid it all...

Not to mention that working makes me miss Maury episodes which could be considered my biggest life crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment