Saturday, December 4, 2010

Success UPS!

I am a very happy person. Although life throws me my fair share of obstacles, I have an amazing husband, 2 of sweetest dogs in the world (although they are the dumbest breathing creatures on the face of this Earth), a roof over my head, a loving family who I've grown to appreciate and adore and seriously incredible friends. But... I feel like I have had a whole lotta stupid thrown at me. People are starting to make me want to live in my closet. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure if there was a taco bell and Starbucks in there I wouldn't leave for days at a time.

I ordered a package from Apple several weeks ago. Needless to say, I still don't have it. However, UPS was curtious enough to contact me and explain why. They sent me a postcard explaining that the package was undeliverable because they did not have an accurate address on file. How nice of them to let me know... seriously... one problem though...

HOW IN THE EFFING WORLD DID THEY GET THIS DAMN POSTCARD TO ME?!?

Not that I am super smart but if they have my address to send me a postcard, I'd assume that they have my address to get my package to me?! UGHHHHH Freaking morons! The worst part is that the girl on the phone took like 20 minutes to understand my little dilema and lack of understanding. She kept repeating "Ma'am, we don't have a good address on file for you..." Finally she understood how I had lack of trust in what she was telling me being that THEY MAILED ME A POSTCARD!

Soooo anyway... Alaska is snowy and freakin cold. There is absolutly no sun for most of the day. Of course, however, there is sun for a few hours while I am at work. How do I know this if I am inside?! G-d and mother nature have positioned the sun in such a way that it aims directly in my window, perfectly hitting where my chair is and straight into my face. I wake up... it's dark. I go to sleep... It's dark. I go pee...It's dark. I eat... It's dark. I sit next to a window... BAM! it is sunnier than EVER! As if being in Alaska wasn't a big enough practical joke from a higher being. I am now the center of all the rays of sunshine for the entire state for 2 hours. It would be okay if the sun fully rose and was sitting above me... but in Alaska it is next to you and literally scorching the eyeballs and eventually the brains of anyone in its path.

Well, I have to go. My dog is pawing me in the face for unknown reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, I guess FedEx would have been a better option for Apple either that or someone at UPS is enjoying your apple product. As for the post card did it at least say please verify your address or something that would eventually lead to you getting your package? And by the way stupid people are not only in Alaska, we have an abundance of morons here in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete