Sunday, December 12, 2010

Overwhelmed with Support... and a retarded husband

Because I have not had a chance to respond to all of you individually, I didn't want your kindness to go unrecognized. After writing the blog about my health, I was honestly concerned that people would respond negtively. I have kept my health problems to myself out of fear that people would not understand. I'm not sure how I had the courage to write about my experience the other day (other than pills and anger) but the mass amount of messages of love and support have truly meant the world to me. I have recieved emails, texts, facebook messages and phone calls from people that I speak to frequently, on occasion and many that I have not been in contact with in years. So many people started their messages with something similar to "you may think I am weird for reading your page..." I want you all to know that I find you to be absolutely incredible for having the nerve to say something. Afterall, I am typically the only person willing to make a complete ass of myself. If nothing else, you have given me something to read while I have been stuck in bed in total agony. I am so blessed to know all of you and to have the support system that I do... On that note, I wanted to share with everyone the level of slowness I deal with on a daily basis where my husband is concerned...


I woke up this morning to Jared looking at the clock that had fallen over on the bedside table..

Jared: Wake up Mr. Quartz! I need to know what time it is.

(he sat the clock up and it said 5:40AM even though it was 10AM)

Jared: It is not 6:40AM, Mr. Quartz

Traci: Babe, it says 5:40 anyway.

Jared: shhh neither one of us can tell time... go back to sleep Mr. Quartz (as he lays the clock back down)

15 minutes later... (I think it was around 15 mins, but our clock doesnt work)

Jared: Baby... You know if you were a cookie I wouldve eaten you instead of marrying you...

Traci: umm thats kind of mean hun.

Jared: but youre not a cookie.. Youre a Traci.

He then ran down the stairs, came back up with a bag of cookies that he attempted to hide under the covers... Would have worked if the dogs didn't go totally crazy where he was laying... and if I didnt see him bringing them out of the covers to eat them.

Why was he hiding the cookies? Not really sure... considering I made them for him to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment